Re: Discussion of the 2020 American Federal Election

@enes, 330, playing harsh, hypothetical devil's advocate for just a bit here, how would you feel about someone wishing harm on you?  How would you feel about someone hoping and desiring that you would get sick and die?  Would you be able to just call it harmless and look away from it as if it doesn't mean a thing?  Because if that is the case, I think you seriously need to reevaluate what you personally think about life as a whole, including your own.
@Jayde, 331, I've been giving your post a lot of thought.  Want to know what I've come up with?  Have you noticed how the repubs are usually the ones saying Biden isn't fit to run because mental issues and so on?  While I'm not going to excuse Trump for his behavior in office and being the most messed up president the United states has ever had, I wouldn't be surprised to discover that it is his own party who has advised him from releasing any statements that would make it seem like Trump is heading the American people.  In short, Trump is a mess because he is mentally unstable and his party knows it.  Reading into things a bit more, as I try to do under most circumstances I find are serious, it seems to me that on at least two occasions he has tried to strike deals with the dems.  those deals end up falling flat because they don't align themselves with republican interests, specifically those that would hurt the wealthy and those benefiting from having poverty in such high numbers in the so-called land of the free.  I'm sure you know who Mitch McConnell is?  Did you know he practically shirked going to Nam by fighting his way on to the reserve list as a private?  While other people are giving their lives he's happily basking in the glory of his self-interests.  Things haven't changed.  What is his majority party doing right now?  Instead of lining the pockets of millions of Americans who have been affected by the pandemic he's helping line the pockets of Wall Street bankers and corporate executives.  He's worth some 22 million dollars himself, so he's not exactly suffering, is he?
No, Trump isn't the whole deal.  From McConnell to Graham, the repubs know that the only way to keep self-benefiting is to keep pulling the Trump strings and make sure that he's on their side, and to do that, they'll at the very least pretend they're on his, backing him up on things they feel they can get away with while ignoring other issues altogether.
@nolan, 333, I truly feel your pain.  Another democratic official here in the state of Florida put it best when he said the republican agenda was quite simply, "Don't get sick, but if you do get sick, die quickly."
My wife has been in and out of hospitals far more times than I can count on my hands and feet now, in just the past 5 and a half years.  In fact, I met her for the first time at a hospital.  It's not like she's getting great care at said hospitals, either.  They know she has an enlarged liver; they've done nothing about it.  They know she has a tumor in her back; they've done nothing about it.  They know she's got a hernia that seriously needs fixed; they've done nothing about it.  They know she'll more than likely require some form of facial reconstruction owing to the fact that she had to take out her prosthetic eyes when she manage to catch MRSA and it somehow embedded itself in the prosthetic.  She has worn no prosthetics for the better part of 4 years and the sockets and such have shrunk.  The shrinking has caused immense pain.  they have done nothing about it.
Somewhat related, anyone know what the blazes this is about?  I can't imagine anything good coming out of it.  I'm concerned, to say the least.