Re: Important moderation message, please read

but what has blocking PM's actually done?  It's like treating the symptoms while ignoring the disease.  The problem isn't the PM system; the problem is the peple who decide to use it a certain way.  How many people are doing it?  Can we justify blocking it for a thousand people if there have only been 5 offenders?  Up until now, posting to me is simply that, posting a message publicly in such a way that anyone could have seen it.  It does not concern itself with private messaging or any other forum of communication on this site, though using common sense dictates to me at least that we are to keep the very discussion of obtaining illegal copies of audiogames off of this site altogether.  But what is common sense?

It is apparent to me by looking at the news that very few people truly believe in the concept of frivolous lawsuits here in the United states, and hundreds if not thousands of dollars are made daily by exploiti ng loopholes in the law because the cort system is not interested in people taking responsibility for their actions, but on upholding the law.  That means a person can climb up on a skyline owned by an establishment because there isn't a sign to keep someone away from it, fall through said skyline, then file a suit against the establishment that had that skyline in place to begin with. We would say that common sense dictates that this person should of course be held responsible for their actions, but the law sees only the victim in this case, which is the person who files the lawsuit, so where does common sense end up?

The same holds true in this case.  While common sense dictates that we do our best to keep the discussion of illegal copys of audiogames off of the site, it does not mean we can always be right in the manner we carry it out, and stomping our feet on a particular service provided by the site because we want to be truly careful is no more a so lution than simply hoping it will go away.  We can be as strict as the travel security agency, requiring all sorts of screening from full body scans and X-rays, luggage checks, and anything else you can think of, and I can show you a person who trained a cat to throw a temper tantrum if picked up by officials in any way, told the officials this truth to keep them from handling the feline to get it and its specially custom made box safely through security, and in the process managed to smuggle a nice amount of illegal content aboard that plane hidden within the padding lining the box.  Should we then close down all airports?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arjan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Green Gables Fan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Green Gables Fan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Green Gables Fan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Green Gables Fan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Green Gables Fan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Hayden via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Green Gables Fan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : themadviolinist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Trajectory via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Trajectory via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jaybird via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arjan via Audiogames-reflector