Re: Important moderation message, please read

Well a lot of points.
Firstly, to be brutally honest this has bugger all to do with us law, uk law, international law, or any dam other sort of law. This is to do with supporting developers pure and simple. Nobody would get a ban on this forum for say discussing copying cds or audiobooks, as the Sitefaq says, however games are a special case as per the purpose of this forum.

Second, I repeat, I did not disable private messages entirely as a punishment to all and sundry, I removed them until a system can be thougt to at least minimize their use for passing around cracks. This will not be some sort of filter or checking private messages (sinse both as stated would be impractical and negate the purpose of private messages). I am inclined to the idea of making private messages restricted to longer time members who we can be relatively certain know what the rules are and that game cracking is not allowed, that would of course not be a perfect system but it would at least al low a little restriction.
Had I found such options in the admin settings the pm system would already be back up now. The fact that some new software probably needs installing is the only reason it might be disabled for a while.

Third Trajectory, for your information two of the instances of members sending me pm's asking for cracks were in 2013, one in 2012, so it is a more recent occurance. I also take note of the fact that only those members who are not fully aware of the rules would pm the administrator asking for cracks, so there is no knowing what those aware of the rule but wishing to avoid it might have done.

I will also note that this decision, like most of the decisions I make as an admin was not motivated by anger. Had Mike-tan E-mailed me privately or contacted me via skype (if I used it), or some other method, I'd have expressed my opinion about cracks, but nothing would've happened on the forum sinse that would be outside the forum, the sa me way a police officer might go to China, see people taking coacane and verbally object but would have no power to arrest them. Indeed, this has also happened in the past.

Had this decision been motivated by anger, pms would be gone for good and I'd just say to people "tough luck! if children can't play nicely you don't have any toys at all"
Which is not what I am saying.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Green Gables Fan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Green Gables Fan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Hayden via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Green Gables Fan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : themadviolinist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Trajectory via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Trajectory via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jaybird via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arjan via Audiogames-reflector