Re: enough is enough, and it's time for a change.

I'm afraid I agree with Liam here. There is a huge difference between someone taking source code written by an individual and passing it as their own, and someone making fair use of existing sound assets, often for nostalgia purposes, heck, there are many graphical freeware projects which do just the same thing, several of which I've played myself.

This site has always existed to promote and foster a love of audiogames, and I don't see how cracking down on innocent freeware projects for that reason contributes to that goal at all, and can achieve anything but fracturing the community, causing drama and driving away developers for no reason but an over zealous interpretation of copywrite law and pandering to large corporations who neither know nor care about the existence of audiogames.

As I am no longer a member of the moderation team, I hereby wash my hands of any decisions taken in this matter.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : stirlock via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : rings2006 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Draq via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : defender via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : defender via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : defender via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Lucas1853 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : swigjr23 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector