Re: Important moderation message, please read

Thanks Arjan, that is the point exactly.

I also repeat, what people do by e-mail is not my concern, it's what people do by pm that is the issue, sinse pm's are part of the forum system, while e-mail is independent. Oh, and yes I am quite aware that someone could get another person's mail address off the forum and then exchange cracks with them by mail, again however, this is something that there is no way to regulate and trying would be ridiculous.

Filters are notoriously bad, and I don't believe that option would do anything to solve the problem. As I said I'm personally in favour of making access to pm's only available to members we can be relatively sure have read the rules and are slightly trust worthy to begin with. Of course this is not a perfect system either but short of leaving pm's disabled I don't believe there is one.
If this is not possible it will be a matter of considdering whether a rule revision and trusti ng members to report pms' that violate those rules is better than living without pms.

That is a question I do not myself know the answer to at this moment and one I have not reached a decision about. I am well aware what the feelings of people are on this matter from reading this threadd, but whether that balances possible abbuses and whether all our members are trust worthy in essentially reporting bad pms is something that needs considdering, sinse as Arjan said, if three people are willing to pm an administrator, how many people are exchanging cracks via pm privately?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Green Gables Fan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Green Gables Fan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Green Gables Fan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Trajectory via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arjan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mario navarro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector