Re: Best audio (code) library for C?

also, should probably have just put this in the first one, but there's I think a grand total of zero people in the community beside yourself who would want to write an audiogame in C.  Are you very, very sure you know what you're doing going down that road?  I saw your thing on the Autoit thread, but it's really not about OOP, it's about manual memory management more than anything.  I code C professionally, I've got multiple coworkers with 10+ years experience in it, and all those things it gets criticized for happen at work all the time.  Not that switching languages would help with audio, but the point still stands: using C is a great way to have unreliable software overall.

My dayjob literally exists in large part because the native developers need special native developer only tooling to deal with the kinds of things C/C++ can cause, just saying.  It's not-theoretical enough that it's paying for my apartment and might pay for my early retirement by 40 if I get very lucky.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : TextAdventurer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Hijacker via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : TextAdventurer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector