Re: Important moderation message, please read

As I said, "evidence of wrongdoing" isn't really the concern here, it's insuring that most people who use this forum are using it for the intended purpose.

With respect to e-mail, well as I said I don't view e-mail communication as something the forum has durisdiction over sinse it is taken off the forum and uses an outside program, plus even if I did! in some mad craze disable all e-mail communication between members through the forum  (a thing which would be quite ridiculous and very harmful), well that doesn't stop people saying "Email me on my address at wherever the hell my host is dot whatever" and then just continuing anyway. I will say in the past on a couple of occasions I have had people mail me about cracks and this has not affected what happened on the forum.

The very fact people have objected this strongly however to pms being disabled clearly shows it has a different status to members than just e-mail exchange, and certainly it is quite possible to have people who communicate by pm but choose to hide their mail address.

Your arguement is actually a pretty good one for disabling pms entirely, and then just letting members use e-mail instead for communication and saying "well what you do via e-mail is your business, end of story"

As there are bennifits to the pm system aside from e-mail, particularly for people who want to keep their mail secret, I'd rather not go down that route if it can be avoided, however equally I don't want people seeing news and topics about games like Zero site, chatting to the developer, and then going and exchanging copies of the game via pms rather than buying them, effectively using this forum to get pirated games.

After all remember we're the first place people look for audio games and we have a lot of developers who share news about their new releases here as well as discuss upcoming changes and the like, and I dou bt we'd have as many if people were handing around free copies of the games behind the dev's backs, ---- after all how many developers report news of their new released games on Klango?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Green Gables Fan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Green Gables Fan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector