Re: where has this community gone to

Frankly my feelings in this are mixed.
Jack wrote,
@staticmaster: Per Apple's license, you cannot run a Mac virtual machine if you do not own the physical hardware. If you were to, for example, create installation media from your own mac and run it on your own time, then sure, but you cannot then go distributing it. Likewise, if you yourslef don't own the hardware, you also do not own a license for Mac OS. Short answer is no. This is a warning.
I get the explanation, but a warning at that stage seems... uh, maybee too harsh? I mean, if the individual have had passed history of doing something like this, then I would get the warning, but it seems a bit too much. I mean, when you take into account that this could have been asked do to ignorance of the license terms, and let's be honest, iif you don't own a apple product, or any other product...  Why would you go and look up the license, if you've never owned the product of said license in the first place? On the other hand,
static master wrote,
hay guys. so I was going to use the nvda addon that bridges between a mac OS and windows. since I don't have in uf to buy a mac, o you guys have any virtual machines with voice over enabled that I can use? I really want to use the alex tts voice, and amung other things, I wish to have a mac so I can do other mac related stuff with out having to actualy buy one.
I kinda get why the you thought the warning was warranted, if one where to analyze the post closely; I really, really do; but again. Going back to the question, if you don't own x product, why go and search for the license, when you don't own said product in the first place? I mean, this is the mindset of many. If i'm not affected by so and so... why bother? I do feel though, that a caution would've have been a bit more appropriate in this case though.
Static master wrote,
I am sorry, I didnt know if asking these things are permittable. I was going to buy a mac and thought I will not deel with all of this hassel so I thought i am gonna have a virtual macheen though. guess i will buy one and make it into a virtual machine if my brain functions correctly then.
Again, mixed feelings on this as well. While the first part of the post says that he didn't know, intention; the second part says that he'll buy a mac and do it that way... At this point, I feel the warning was given... too prematurely. I mean, this would've been better handled if the warning would've waited until this post, and then, action taken. I mean, even at this point the warning was... too much. A caution should've sufficed, at least when taking this post into account, although I do see the thought process behind the why of the warning; not the caution. I disagree with it, but I do see the why from the mod's point of view.
As far as simpter's ban... I mean I'll be blunt, he kinda pushed too far, despite direct contrary evidence shown in front of his face. People; and more than one, I might add; quoted the apple license and... no dice; he kept pushing it, despite all evidence going against him... I mean, he was asking for it at that point.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : staticmaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Lucas1853 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : staticmaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : staticmaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : targor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : staticmaster via Audiogames-reflector