Re: where has this community gone to

@ignatriay: This is, a very valid criticism which is rare within this thread - to be expected, I suppose.
You're absolutely right, the premature warning was probably overkill. I would not have even made it to that stage, however, if he hadn't mentioned that he wanted the mac OS but didn't want to buy it. You can't have your cake and eat it too in this cas,e because even if he were ignorant of the specific license terms set forth, a little common sense goes a long way. If it's software that you have to buy a device to obtain, and there is no way to download it for free (even as an evaluation) then wouldn't it make sense that you kind of can't work around that without facing trouble?
It's easy to tell when someone is playing with fire and I got the feeling that he was. If he had literally just said he wanted a Mac vm, I would have been happy to give a little benefit of the doubt, inform him it isn't possible because reasons, and leave it at a caution. But no, instead he revealed a little too much of his intentions for it to stay at a cautionary phase. When we say intent will be taken into account, we do mean that literally.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : staticmaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : targor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : staticmaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : smoothgunner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : fonografico2 via Audiogames-reflector