Re: buying a new computer that's accessible for the blind

Most are fine for blind people, or have problems that are not unique to a certain kind.  For instance while you can avoid out of the box weird audio with an inaccessible control panel by choosing the right brand, and you can make sure to get a keyboard without smashed arrow keys, going with a regular hard drive (even though you can hear it) over an SSD is just not worth it IMO.
I worried about it when I first got a computer with an SSD as well, but given we now have things like Aira, be my eyes microsoft support, and OCR, and Windows can talk from the very beginning of installation now, it's not too big of a deal.
You can still generally hear the fans if you put your ear to the vent and it's quiet around you, or even use a light level indicator and put your phone up close to the screen, so it's not like you can't tell it's on.

What's your budget like, and what country do you live in.