Re: Monthly chat, November 2020

Well I appreciate that people usually find my random thoughts amusing, although I admit with things as they are currently, I'm not really feeling amusing right now, however, to clear up one matter.

I haven't been mentioning my lady's name for the same reason I haven't tended to mention mine. Back in the early 2000's when I got online, I had this idea that even mentioning your first name online was a way to get in serious trouble and invite credit fraud, probable kidnapping and voodoo curses, so I started calling myself "dark", from the main character of a now abandoned post apocalyptic novel I was trying to write (he was a tiny, very sarcastic assassin adept in the use of knives).

I have relaxed on the name issue, indeed as I said in the character names topic, my first name is actually Luke (which means that yes, I have  endured a life time of starwars references!), albeit that these days I've been called Dark so long I pretty much consider it as much my name as Luke and actually respond to either.

Interestingly enough, when my lady and I first met on that mailing list in 2015, she referred to me constantly as "dark", and wasn't entirely sure I was male for a while.

So, all this is to say that yes, I've been rather avoiding mentioning my lady's name, although I do know some members of the community ran into her on Klango, or less commonly on the Zone as Belsong or Talea.

However, I mentioned the Dwarver's comment in post eleven to her, and she was rather amusedly appalled, since yes, she is definitely female, my lady, my wife, and therefore relates to me as "Mrs. Dark", so is certainly not called John.

Actually, her name is Leslie, and to any English people, no that is not like the Scottish TV presenter John Lesley, it's actually Leslie Anne big_smile.

Okay, all of that sorted out November is proving to be cold, grimy, full of lockdown restrictions and actually rather tense.
My lady and I have been on election watch for the last couple of nights since we're both frankly worried about what could be going on in the states at the moment.

to distract ourselves, we've also been reading Stephen King's The Shining, which yes, is a bit of a weird thing to do, to escape a grim reality by reading about ghostly hotels turning people into raging insane killers! big_smile.

Aside from both the election and the Lockdown, Reever, my guide dog was officially retired on Monday, and the representative from guide dogs turned up to take her harness. This is not unexpected, she's nearly eleven and we've known for the last year she's been slowing down rather, but it's still a bit of a sad event, though she'll continue to live with us of course.

Other than that, not too much to report, since basically we've not particularly stopped lockdown, and now the country is going into more lockdown, so I've pretty much been hanging around, banging out more book reviews and getting back to games.
For some reason, I've been in the mood for more relaxed things at the moment, so have been alternating warsim and cosmic rage, indeed for my thoughts on cosmic rage activities, see my topic in general game discussion.
Actually, one fun thing about Cosmic rage is being able to do it while watching youtube videos or something else, albeit I need to try out more ship combat and get around to fixing my character some new armour and maybe a stun crystal, annoying though it is that I have to go through others for this. Find my Topic about Cosmic rage activities here.

I'd like to get back to something a bit more active, indeed it's nearly a year since I started my play through of Manamon 1, and so I probably need to get to the second game.

Also, having finished Game of thrones, my next series is probably going to be The Boys, since I do have amazon prime so can watch it. I was tempted to do doctor who season 12, however since on Amazon I'd have to pay 15 quid for it, it's just not worth it, considering that I can watch it for free when I eventually see my parents again, and quite honest as usual with Doctor who, the audios are always better anyway.
My brother really wants to buy my lady and I a Disney plus subscription, but honestly I'm sort of struggling to see how I'd use it, indeed if anyone knows anything interesting on Disney plus I'd be interested to hear, since while I know they have all the Marvel films, I really don't care for superheroes, and while I've heard vaguely good things about the Mandalorian series, my lady and I are just a bit burned out on star wars after the train wreck of the last two films.

I'm also having major trouble finding an agent or publisher, since apparently blind people aren't minorities, and not having an "edgy female voice", apparently makes you unpublishable at the moment, which is sort of ironic given that probably %50 of the characters I write are female anyway.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Boo15mario via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Gamulation via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kjsisco via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dark Eagle via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dardar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Boo15mario via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dardar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dark Eagle via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wing of eternity via Audiogames-reflector