Re: swamp pricing discussion

@Defender, thanks for the extensive tips. Speed and sneaking are where my points are going and I have avoided any armor that slows me down. Right now I like to mix and match weapons to see what is good in what situation, though I agree totally about birst shot, this is one reason I'm using the mp5 when in very infested areas, and will use the axe in buildings.

I like your axe dancing idea, I'll have to try that next time I find a lone zombie, though i do enjoy playng sniper as I said just because it is fun.

At the moment I'm more interested in having fun with the exploring than with trying to find optimum strategies for grinding at xp. I do plan to try a mission at some point though will probably look at doing one solo as I wouldn't want to let another player down with my lack of experience, and I'll obviously start with the lower level ones.

@Gadgetman, firstly it was not me who suggested you were a troll, if you look at my above post I stated myself you were just expressing your opinion.

That being said I don't personally agree with your opinion at all. On the exe files thing with respect I do wonder how many games you've played.

Online games, games on the Iphone, games written in Python or interactive fiction languages, there are plenty of games with no exe files, it just depends how the game has been built. Would you suggest that all games on ios be free because there are no exe files? or that browser games shouldn't offer subscription options?

I can see exactly how you would think that the "exe" file is basically like the game cartridge and that opening it loads the game, however that isn't the case. "exe" files simply call a lot of other functions and opterations from other files.

I think if you had a little more knolidge of programming you would not hold that opinion.

Regarding donations, as someone who already bought a swamp account and has put in 8 hours playing, and as someone who played several versions of swamp in the past for free, also i might add as someone who has played a hell of a lot of games of various types, i can say swamp is in my personal opinion worth the money.

Entombed did exactly the same thing. It was free through it's betas and then Jason asked for payment for the full version, and again, no problem.

I will also add that were I a particularly greedy or grasping individual, or if I felt swamp had not added significantly to it's current version as compared to it's free versions, I could! e-mail aprone and remind him of the fact that in 2011 I already donated enough to castaways to have accounts for the next four and a half years. Needless to say I'm not going to do this, which should really show what I think of aprone's work, that I am willing to donate when it is free, and pay when it is commercial, and of course sinse having been admin of audi ogames.net and thus having played almost everything on offer (I think I have personally tried out two thirds of the entire 470 odd games in the database, as wel as several that aren't and lots of classic graphical games), I do believe I have enough experience to make an informed opinion on such matters.

That is of course my opinion, your opinion may differ Gadgetman, and ultimately if you think something is too expensive or not worth the price, ----- well don't buy it! However obviously other people (such as myself), don't agree, and so trying to convince people otherwise is likely not a good use for your time.