Re: Sandbox MUD

I moved my prototype Six Thieves over to the new engine.

Web interface: http://audio.servegame.com:8080
Telnet interface telnet://audio.servegame.com

I had to juggle some of the internals, but the core can now discover all possible commands for any given game point. I've used this to implement tab completion (using tab and question mark) in the telnet interface, and auto-complete in the web interface. Both are a little rocky.

The game, itself, is really just a geography right now. 18,000 houses, 200,000 rooms. You can explore the streets, houses, rooms and rooftops. To be added are the D&D mechanics so skill roles are rolled by the back end to climb walls, move silently, open locks, etc. Valuables need to be generated in houses to steal, and fences to sell them too. And NPCs to populate the houses and call the city guard if they wake up and find you. Eventually guild structures allowing access to better fences, special equipment and missions.

Feedback welcome on the game concept, and interfaces.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : jjaquinta via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : jjaquinta via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : jjaquinta via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : NicklasMCHD via Audiogames-reflector