Re: linux users, what do you like about it

yeah, the mate desktop is not a plezent thing to use at all, that's why I choose normal, vanilla ubuntu.
I like ubuntu also because of the way it handles packages. The apt package manager is absolutely wanderful, like the existing application stores, but without any of the specific inconveniences like you absolutely need an account to access apps you want to use. With linux, this flys out the window.
Now, I know windows also got some package managers like chocolati or whatever, but I find them kind of obsolete, since they aren't officialy supported by ms, and they really feel somehow like outsiders, DK how to explain otherwise, they really feel like they aren't a part of windows, you need to configure them and all that. So yeah, linux forever! Plus, I am writing this post from ubuntu, so you can guess how much I like it.
and now for some negative criticism, what I miss the most in orca is nvda-ocr, it would be damn useful for a fulltime linux user sometimes, as I need to use some windows gui programs with wine from time to time, and as wine is not accessible, an orca plugin to akt like the nvda ocr feature would be useful and, for the windows programs I need to run, more than enough.
I would have written the orca pluggin myself a long time ago, had I known how to. You know, for an opensource community, orca developer documentation is pretty spars, as well as any accessibility component documentation, like speech-dispatcher or atspi. I inspected some of the source code of some orca components, and it just feels like a kind of magic in the way that...it just works! Seriously guys, this side of accessibility development on linux needs to be improved with some documentation, I hope I could do it sometime, but as I don't even understand much of what's going on, I don't think I could do so in the near future.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Meatbag via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bhanuponguru via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rastislav Kish via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rastislav Kish via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Meatbag via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rastislav Kish via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rastislav Kish via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rastislav Kish via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Meatbag via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector