Re: I just got the most awesome keyboard ever!! buckeling spring switches

lol When my computer's internal keyboard started to die for what would have been the third time in a year and a half - seriously, the onboard keyboard on this HP ProBook is trash - I got seriously interested in mechanical keyboards
Then a friend of mine suggested I just get a basic wired keyboard, the sort that comes standard with a lot of desktop computers. I got a keyboard and mouse combo for twenty-five bucks from Best Buy (Logitech, I think), and the fucking thing has been working like a charm ever since. It's been in suitcases, backpacks and laptop cases. It's been kicked, dropped, sat on, lain on briefly, and none of the keys are broken. It's a little mushy in spots now, and I suspect that before another year goes by, I'll have to replace it. But seriously! For me, it's win-win; the only downside is that it's USB, so I always have to have one USB port taken up with it, and this laptop's only got two of them.
In other words, I don't really see myself going for a mechanical keyboard anymore. I'm glad you like yours, but I type like a beast on this thing and don't really see a need to be any louder than I already am. The depth on this keyboard is decent, and there's a decent click while typing, so even if I really cared about the sound of my typing - which I generally don't - this would satisfy.