Re: Scarlet Shells, concept demo 1!

@Fantom
Thanks for the reply, I just put in 10 bucks.

So after playing the game a bit more, I do have a couple of comments.
1. I think the jump kick feature is pretty unbalanced.
First, you can kick as fast as you want while in the air, but your kicks do extra damage up there so you can just move back and forth killing people while barely being touched your self.  It doesn't actually seem like you need to speed up fully first and you don't have any sort of cooldown time.
I think ideally the way that jump kicks should work is that you need to get up to full speed first and have the ctrl key held while doing it, and then you can only use the kick every 5 seconds or something.  I wouldn't even mind if the damage was further increased so that it was almost always a foolproof kill, or if enemies behind the first one took some damage as well to simulate them  being thrown into each other.
2. Waiting for HP to regen just isn't fun. If the regen rate was increased I wouldn't mind nearly as much, but as it stands having this be the only way to regain it really puts a damper on things, and I think health items would probably work better.
3.  If only enemies could climb I think it would really help make things feel more dynamic.  Sitting at Z2 watching them all flail at you uselessly, or listening to them all trying to follow you on the ground while you're in the trees just makes me feel bad for the little guys... And I love the idea of throwing people off high platforms with the super kick thing or having a shootout in the trees and getting distracted to the point I fall off into a sea of enemies below.
4. I think that end of level sub bosses with interesting attributes might make things allot more engaging. Even if you don't arbitrarily limit it to every level and just base it on how much grinding the player has been doing lately, it would still really help to break up the routine and add some more strategy.
5. Having as many unique pitches for mine beeps as possible or even writing some kind of algorithm which prevents them from being too close to each other on the pitch scale would really help to avoid them blending into each other.
6. Panning can update slowly sometimes. This can result in things like coming up on a mine way too fast or having an enemy death sound play in the center when they were killed to the right of you.
7. Some of the firearm stats don't really make sense from a realism point of view, but I understand that game mechanics take priority.  If this wasn't purposeful though than maybe someone like me or Ironcross could help with that. Otherwise, I definitely don't mind much.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : black_dog via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : titan_of_war via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dennybuster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dennybuster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dennybuster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : BlindNinja via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kratos via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : assault_freak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Naruto via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sightlessHorseman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Naruto via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sightlessHorseman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : titan_of_war via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sightlessHorseman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector