Re: Ridiculously High RAM Usage With NO Apparent Cause

I think it may be a dell XPS or dell computer specific issue.
I have a dell XPS 13 9300 and have the exact same problem, it's just I have 16GB ram.
My gaming laptop doesn't do it, at idle I'm at 9% of 32GB usage give or take, but with my XPS I'm at 22% when I first boot, and I have more or less the same programs running as you do.
I do notice that when you finish doing things, it doesn't seem to free up ram I.E. if I keep restarting a program, the usage will gradually rise without coming down.
As an earlier poster mentioned, it could be if you have a web browser open for a long period of time.
I was on a site for a couple of hours yesterday, and although I only had 1 browser tab open, by the time I was finished with it my usage was at an unexplainable 90% give or take.
I put it to sleep thinking it might right itself if I left it for a bit, and the next time I came to use it the thing wouldn't even respond to my keyboard presses because it mustn't have had any memory to play with.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheBlindSaiyan via Audiogames-reflector