Re: My immigration. Reasons, plans and thoughts

connor142 wrote:

Well, at least he isn't insisting he's the leader of a magical country and he's the head mage anymore... does anyone else remember that? Priceless.

jonikster wrote:

@connor142
I'm still planning it, but now I'm discussing the revival of the British Empire with the British royal family and the revival of the French monarchy with Jean d'Orléans.

And that's when a few occasional giggles turned into a ten-minute-long laughing fit.

In all seriousness, @jonikster, I'd suggest you research the hundreds of atrocities committed under the watchful eye of monarchs throughout history. Monarchy may be considered a viable form of government if the ruler at the thrown is benevolent. However, history has shown this is an exceedingly rare occurrence. Truly atrocious acts can and have been sanctioned by rulers acting in the pursuit of power, wealth, fame, or piety. Look, for example, at King Leopold II of Belgium's treatment of Congo, Queen Ranavalona I of Madagascar's policies requiring forced labor, and the horrific treatment of Indigenous Peoples by the Spanish under the direction of the Crown.

There are many more examples of heinous action's committed by emperors and rulers, and I'd suggest you set aside some time to research them. That research should give you some insight into why I hold the prevailing belief that monarchy--or any form of autocratic rule for that matter--is a terrible system of government which has left lasting negative effects on the world as a whole.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : gym via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jonikster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : targor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jonikster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : redfox via Audiogames-reflector