Issue regarding Virtual Recorder

I don't like asking for help before trying everything possibly available to solve a problem.
But seriously, this is driving me crazy and I would like to hear suggestions of what else I can do...
Ok, here it goes, wall of text ahead:

When I click the Record button on Virtual Recorder, it aparently starts recording but stops immediately; like, NVDA says "Unavailable", "Stop button" and "Record button", which means the recording is stoped before even starting.
I can't explain it better, really.
Don't think this started yesterday, this strange beavior is around for a week or so. I thought it would eventually disapear, but it didn't, and that's why I'm here now.
Now, the things I've tried doing to hopefully solve this issue:
* 1. Obviously, restarting Windows and Virtual Recorder various times, as I said the problem is around for a week. Does not work.
* 2. Skinning through the readme to see if there is any instruction or explanation if something if this is predictable and eventually hapens. Didn't find anything related.
* 3. Tried to redownload Virtual Recorder Portable.zip, deleting the old one and unziping it. Didn't work.
* 4. Ran a scan with Windows Defender, because for whatever reason it could be a virus. Didn't work, and I understand that.
Why a virus would be interested in messing with a simple audio recorder? Or, more specifically, with the microphones and the Virtual Capture Device or whatnot?
* 5. I updated Windows to the latest version with hopes of fixing this problem, and also a few DLL problems I had lately. Did not work.
* 6. Finally, I've tried to mess with the settings and options to see if something was wrong. No results, but I've found that, when I change the recording source to "Sound Card", it records normally without any problems.
Every other device triggers the above said beavior.

That's it. I'm expecting a really good answer for this.
Also, when this problem started a few months hago, I did unzip it and it stoped "acting" like that.
Now it comes back, I tried everything said above and, well...
And I did nothing special, didn't even mess with devices to trigger this beavior on Virtual Recorder.
If it's going, however, to be something so simple to solve like enabling or disabling some configuration, I guarantee you that I'll bang my head against this wall of text.