Re: Need help with decoding and understanding bgt's network implementation

camlorn wrote:

I'm 99% sure it's enet, which is an open source C library.

But I don't understand why you would want to write a game in Swift and BGT.  I'd use Swift and *literally* anything else, if the goal is to have something for Applee/iOS and something for Windows.  You're going to also have a problem because I believe that the Appstore requires IPV6 support in your app, if your goal is to put it on there, and Enet doesn't have official support for that.  You could use one of the forks that does, but that won't fix that BGT doesn't support it, and I'm pretty sure that at this point phones  that only have IPV6 addresses is a thing.  Pretty sure you're not going to get what you want working reliably, especially since as far as I know BGT networking is buggy and hard to get right even if you're only using BGT.

Hi!
I do not understand why you're talking about appstore.
Game server should be run on linux machine which has no appstore at all.
I use SPM to build and run my code and i use only swift standard library and third-party libraries which use not apple native frameworks.
Now i have wonderful working tcp/udp server, i can connect to it from telnet client, from my IPhone (i wrote simple app for testing). Also i can connect from simple python client and from simple c++ client.

Swift here is just an alternative to c++, which is difficult to learn for beginers.

BTW, for networking i use BlueSocket, which is fully supported on all apple systems and is fully compatible with linux.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cyrmax_it via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Lucas1853 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : mohamed via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : mohamed via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : mohamed via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Turret via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : tyrylu via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cyrmax_it via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cyrmax_it via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cyrmax_it via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Turret via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : mohamed via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Nuno via Audiogames-reflector