Re: Need help with decoding and understanding bgt's network implementation

well, you're right in a way. So yeah, c# dlls don't export what we call real functions from the perspective of native code and native linking methods because they don't have a **normal** import address table, global symbol table, or whatever else. Sorry for any terminology mistakes there, I am too tired to check references and format specs.
Yeah, normally this shouldn't be even possible, as the clr isn't made for this kind of thing, but the procedure I linked above manages this by modifying  the dll file directly to add the marked functions to the import table, like it happens with normal, native dlls. Plus, it doesn't add the address where the clr begins directly, but it points to an autogenerated/premade stub assembly function that actually takes care of transfering data to and from the real managed function/method.
and yes, the dll contains the symbols required to identify methods, after all, ildasm interprets them correctly, plus gets the overall structure of a class pretty accurately.
problem with all that nuget package does is the fakt it just works like magic...and when it doesn't, oops, good luck fixing it! you know, this is kind of the same as entity framework for data management. Many people say use it because it's simple to get started with it, but I say don't use it because it involves something I call magical it just works and it's going to work fine, I don't say no. But when it fails, good luck tracking it down and trying to fix it.
And, as many people said before me, this is not a good idea at all, but I am still willing to give the man the pistol if they really want to kill themselfs, instead of begging others for it and when they use it, they die even more slowly and horibly because it had poisonous bullets or something. Won't you do the same? so, if they want to bite the bullet, I gave them the opportunity to do it, though I adviced and warned multiple times against it, so I consider I did my part.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Turret via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : mohamed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Nuno via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : mohamed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cyrmax_it via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector