Re: Top 20 most terrifying game bosses, blind edition

Hmm. The most terrifying enemies I can think of are not bosses. Although Wrenfield was scarier on my second playthrough of The Gate. And I've been taking my time in Manamon and only just got through the Shadow Children Hideout, which managed to have some bizarrely worrying battles but that's because I did not plan well at all and my party was all unbalanced.
In BK2, the Search and Destruction robot 1.0 was somewhat scarier than 2.0, even though 2.0 was harder and had the added tension of the time limit. Something about the combination of the atmosphere and the usage of the paralyzer, along with the sound design, made that whole section scary.
I remember someone complaining that the Shadow Kro in Jeqo Prime was terrifying, but that was probably just the voice. Which is just ominous Old Norse chanting with some DSP effects. And some rasping.
I feel like I'm forgetting something. sad

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ficho via Audiogames-reflector