Re: GSpeak speech synthesizer concept

Hello,
Thanks a lot for your comments guys! I can barely remember who said what in this thread and I don't really feel like reading it all over again so I'll just go over the most important points:
@tward: The reason why I used bgt is because I'm not sure how to capture an undefined number of groups using RegEx. I'm trying to find that out, and once I do, I will port this to PureBasic, which will probably result on GSpeak going cross-platform.
To the people getting the runtime error: the reason for this behavior is that you are not supplying correct arguments. If you run the executable by itself, it cannot find any phoneme entries so it tries to make the synthesizer speak an empty chunk of text, which I haven't really prevented in this release. Go to the directory where gspeak.exe is located using the command line and type gspeak.exe followed by your input. Do not press enter inbetween gspeak.exe and your input or you will run the script wit h no arguments, which is what explorer does, which is what makes it crash.
To the one who related this to the Echo speech synthesizer, actually, there is a test line in the readme file which makes it sound a bit like an echo using the pitch functionality. I tried to design this synthesizer to make it flexible, easy to implement into applications and small, although bgt disallows me to make that last part possible.
Again, thanks a lot to all of you.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : Kenzon Yeoh via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : Kenzon Yeoh via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : kyle12 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : Kenzon Yeoh via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : king gamer222 via Audiogames-reflector