Re: Fara, a new browser or downloadable roguelike

Okay, to say how much I enjoyed the older version of the game with quests, I'm a little slow to get to this one.
I'm liking the changes so far, such as the voice command and high detail mode, albeit I have some questions.

First, some ways to check condition would be really helpful, especially since I'm not wandering the screen as much as before, \indeed report of condition changes in the log would be nice, since while the /condition command tells you how wounded etc you are, it doesn't report things like your mood, and since as I remember in fara mood is really important for doing anything that might help.

I'm using a rather odd combination of Sapi and the quick action box at the moment, since things like checking inventory and inspecting still take clicking, but hay it works so I won't quibble, albeit I spent a while looking for the items list.

I also don't know if it's me, but there seem to be less trees and other things kicking around at game start, since I remember my most successful previous chars were those who made equipment, as this is one game where crafting really matters, indeed it might be sort of nice to get a vague idea where in each area you are, if not a coordinates system, at least a notification when your close to the edge, so you can explore systematically.

I am liking the waypoints system though, and the compass, although I've not done more than going to the first settlement so far, then getting myself killed while exploring big_smile.

Nice to see the game is being worked on though, I'll be interested to see more.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : aaron77 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : aaron77 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : aaron77 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : aaron77 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : aaron77 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Tony78 via Audiogames-reflector