Re: In the midst of rage, we found a place in the cosmos.

I have a sort of thing with it. So, there was a time when I was all about it. Then I became a host for a while, and learned that the playerbase really cannot RP worth a shit. We tried back then to foster RP by any means necessary, and you know what happened, diddly squat. But I can't fault the staff for that, it's the people who need to do better. Maybe this is not true anymore since it's been forever since I've been on.

Another thing that makes me not want to come on is that I didn't think I would play anymore and deleted my chars, fine. But re-going through the newbie process really 9fucking sucks. The first few levels are so mind numbingly boring that I just can't force myself to do it.

I can't speak to how things are now, and I don't think it's fair to make assumptions. I was hitting a point where there was less to do though. And I was also hitting a point of having stupid amounts of cash.

I feel the pain though about the military swooping down and dealing with everything. I mean, granted, that's kind of how it's supposed to happen, but still. There could be something where they go into a sector, and get overwhelmed, then disabled. They call for any assistance, so civies roll up and start dealing with enemies and rescue the military ship. Something to reassure the civies they're not useless garbage ya know.

The babies thing, I have disagreed with that since day, friggin, one. I've already written my thoughts on that, so really no point in rehashing old shit.

Another thing that bothered me is the smoking, and the lackadaisical attitude that went into implementing it. I think if you want to do something, you should do it properly. Those smoking messages are so ridiculously over the top though that it's just stupid. They'll say something like you take a drag on your cigarette and proceed to hack up a lung. Like, do you really see people doing that? My thought is, if they didn't want smoking in the game, then don't add it, but don't make it out to be this entirely over the top weird thing that makes you look like you're having a stroke in front of people.

I also learned about the factory biofarms having pot you can grow. Someone told me about this, and that you can just literally harvest it and smoke it. No drying and curing, no grinding, no bowl needed, no lighter, no nothing. Let's just smoke buds right off the plant because we're magical like that.

Where it counts though, they're good about things. I thought, and still do that posting 150 changes every day just to prove you're doing something is a bit over the top, but they are constantly working on improvements. They're good about getting your donator items sorted quickly, and customer support and all that. Which is the stuff that really matters. I could wish for less boring starting activities, and high level stuff. I think we all could. But the core experience, I think they have down pat. The humor stuff is not to my taste, but that's just down to me not really liking british humor, and is less about the game over all. It's purely a preferential thing.