Re: can you tell me more about chrome os?

hy guys!
technically, you can install a variant of it on non-cromebook hardware, since its open source like android. I DK whether you'll have cromevox on it, or even if you do, I can't be sure you will have the google tts voices, so you'll have to install espeak with sighted assistance. I don't want to unintentionally spread missinformation here, so do take what I said above with a grain of sault.
Btw, if you go this road of installing the opensource version of the os, be warned that not every feature available in the cromebooks will be by default integrated in your thing. Kind of what happens with installing the opensource version of android, without google APIs. For example, you won't be able to use the admin console, neither to use it your self, or to be controlled by it. This can be either a good or bad thing, depending how you're looking at it. Next, you can't run android or linux apps, like you could with the cromebooks. I DK more things off the top of my head, but I guess this would already make this only a fancy web browser spanning an entire OS. DK, it might be good for some people, but I never really liked the concept of crome OS and what it stands for.
If you still want to install a variant of the crome OS with most features back and kind of like the same as on the cromebooks, look at cloudready's solution. They kind of reimplemented the missing features from the public build of crome OS, making them as similar to cromebooks as possible.
Be ware, though, I never tested that, so you might not get cromevox installed on that, or, again even if you do, you might not have any tts included.
Another option is to use the android emulator, it can emulate the crome OS too. Look at the avd(android virtual device manager) It should be in your android sdk, if not, check in the sdk manager, you might have forgotten to install the package with the emulator. If the command line doesn't work, I am afraid you will have to use an ide like android studio or vs with xamarin tools, which is a pain in the but for anyone who doesn't do programming in android land.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : arturminyazev via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rich_Beardsley via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rings2006 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Minionslayer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : arturminyazev via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector