Re: can you tell me more about chrome os?

About my own views, I expressed them in my previous post on this topic, however I want to reiterate in case someone didn't get it then. I Don't know exactly why, maybe because I'm more of a kind of pro user, crome OS and all its variants never is or was for me. For example, its very nature makes it not really useful for a lot of people, like...it's just a browser spanning an entire damn OS. What's really that good or overly exciting about that? Want crome, just use crome browser on windows, ubuntu or even macs. Why an entirely new architecture and a new kind of computer just for crome alone? I mean, however many settings, useful new shortcuts, apps and the most part of the google suite it has, it will still be crome at its core, and so it shall remain. Maybe it's great for firms or big institutions who want more controll over their employers/students, as there is no other OS with that level of sandboxing built-in by default.
However, for the rest of us, as much as crome OS is advertised, it's nothing better than crome itself if you really think about it. Maybe you couldn't do things crome OS does with cromium browsers without some a bit obscure extenssions, but it's certainly doable. If you use it for collaboration, crome is certainly up to the task, with google docs, sheets, slides, etc. If you want cromevox, I ask you, why? There is a good screen reader already built-in to windows that offers kind of what cromevox does, it's called narrator. If a pro level user, use nvda, or even ubuntu, no questions asked rofl.
So now that I ranted enough about it, why do you use cromebooks guys? What is so special about it to you?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rich_Beardsley via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rings2006 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Minionslayer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : arturminyazev via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector