Re: Developing on Windows VS. Mac

hy there!
So, I think I will need to buy a mak soonish, because there's kind of no point in saying my app that I'm making will be cross-platform, and then only show people the thing in windows and android. Each time I tell them about cross-platform, they reply something like, well, where is iOS?
Or really DK, I might just scrue it and use github actions to build the new release for mac, then pass the generated ipa file through some online iOS app signing services I won't name here for obvious reasons, then put the thingi under releases...so there you go, iOS support. Want it? Good, use iTunes to sideload the thing, I mean,  Actually, it's not that hard if the ipa file is signed, which it will be, as a consequence of the online signing service thingi.
Well, it might kind of be in a bit of a legally gray area, but that's one option. Otherwise, why would github actions give you access to mac comps for free other than to build apps for mac OS on them?
Well, even if I buy one, I thought vo isn't going to be that hard to code in. If it's using the same voices as for the iPhone, with the same punctuation thing and it isn't reporting indentation and stuff, then better ssh into it, I guess as I won't crap work with such a thing.
Anyway, vs has the pair to mac thingi, with which it builds xamarin projects related to the apple line. It uses ssh, automatically discovering the mak on the network and stuff. You only need to give it...how was it called...remote login? permissions and there you go, vs will install a xamarin agent and tools and whatever, I think you'll only need to have the mac computer turned on at this point, the build process happens automatically, right there, from the comfort of windows, or maybe ubuntu as well through vscode. So that might be an option, too, ssh-ing into the mak, either manually or use something like vs does. Anyway, what would be even trickier would be getting the iOS device to be debugged from vs. I herd that apple introduced a thing where you can't use remote debugging unless you configure it in the system settings app or some such, or maybe you have to confirm an on-screen prompt like an authorisation thing? I don't remember who said it, but that is another good reason to stay away from mac.
So guys, what do you think? Should I buy one, or would what github actions offer be enough with the method I described?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Dragonlee via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : mohamed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : mohamed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : mohamed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Turret via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Turret via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Turret via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Turret via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Dragonlee via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Dragonlee via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Turret via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : vlad25 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Turret via Audiogames-reflector