Re: blind audio games in arcade centers.

Well Camochek the problem is arcades really are going the way of the dinosaur. I was down at the in Skegness on the Northeast coast of Britain the other day. This is a town with lots of arcades, particularly one called "the peer" sinse it's built on a peer over the sea. In the past back in the 90's you'd always find the latest games there and I used to look forard going every summer to see the new versions of street fighter 2 and 3, dark stalkers, mortal combat, not to mention games like Tekken, and Killer instinct as well as walk along beat em ups like The Simpsons, turtles, renigade or double dragon.
They also had a nice habbit of keeping their old machines around, I once even found an old Mario's adventure game.

Now however it's wall to wall fruit machines! no actual computer games at aall, indeed the only game I saw down there was the gun game house of the dead three and even that is getting on for about 9 or 10 years old.

in the past, arcades were always great sinse arcade versions of games were always better than what you'd find on a console like the Snes, as they could afford better hardware, now that is not the case anymore, plus of course things have moved away onto games consoles, smart phones and computers.

Also, remember that another major function of arcades was multiplayer sinse back in the 90's, there was no real internet for gaming. That is now served by online play instead.

I admit I miss arcades and arcade games quite a lot, but there is no denying times have changed, so audio arcade games probably wouldn't be needed.

Lastly of course, is the problem that even back in the 90's arcade games needed mas producing and shiping all over the world and were fairly expensive, I doubt any audio game developer has that sort of money even if Arcade games were a viable option.

Oh, and btw, how would you hear the sound in a crowded arcade, sinse I can� 39;t see you plugging your headphones into an arcade machine.

Finally what the heck is a blind audio game? I personally really dislike using the term "blind" for inanimate objects, partly because it is inaccurate, partly because it creates some really bad exlcusivist thinking, for example if a sighted person saw an audio game advertised as "games for the blind" they'd never play it sinse they'd assume it was "for the blind" and not for them, and obviously the more sighted people play audio games the better.

it's the same as audio dramas, there are lots of sighted people who enjoy those when they're just sold as audio dramas, but if they're called "adapted for the blind" how many sighted people will bother to hear them?

This is also why, even if we had some audio arcade games, I'd not recommend an "arcade for the blind" as you put it, if such a thing did exists and if arcades were possi ble, I'd just suggest mixing the audio games in with the video games.