Re: blind audio games in arcade centers.

Hi,
@dark: I can see where you are coming from, but I can also givesome evidence that arcade machines are actually still being made, and I've got two recordings to prove it.
I follow a website called arcade heroes, and they do announcements on the latest machines. I was quite surprised when I discovered that raw thrills, a new arcade developer, had developed a |Batman arcade game. They did an unboxing video. Of course, these machines are super expensive for both arcade owners and, as I found out, players.
Yes, to my great and utter surprise, I went to my local arcade about two months ago, a couple weeks after Batman was released. I was actually looking to see if they had Transformers Human alliance, but then my Dad mentioned some sort of Batman car. I thought oh, I bet this is some sort of kiddy Batman car, and anothe rhalf thought hold on a sec... and moments later my suspicions were confirmed, and my reaction was one of rather a lot of excitement.
As proof of this, here's a recording of my first ever game on the machine with my Dad steering. The machine behind is a two-p machine so you will hear money at points in the recording due to other gamers trying their luck at that.
batman recording: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/177 … meplay.mp3
I also have a recording of a second game, this one in an arcade further away.
I was with fellow forumight, the doctor, when we found this next machine. Me and Dad played first. It was a flight sim of sorts where you battle aircraft, but it was enclosed, and the sound was rather nice, surrounding you in the action. I don't know why there is a weird whirring noise every now and then though, as the sim didn't move, nor did the wind fans seem to work when I played.
So, you'll hear me playing first, from inside the cab. Then you'll hear the doctor's craft taking off from the outside whilst we stood and watched. Finally, you'll hear me go in the cab completely alone to whitness the game's demo mode without anyone else talking, so I just sit there for a minute or so and enjoy the action.
Mach storm recording: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/177 … 20mode.mp3
Thanks, and enjoy.
Regards,
Aaron