Re: android phones ideas.

Not sure what your definition of "budget" is, but if $350 is budget, then definitely consider the Pixel 4A. It's Google-branded, meaning fast access to updates and Google premium features. I went with the slightly more expensive 4A 5G variant recently in large part because my girlfriend's parents gave me a nice Amazon gift certificate, and I've been very pleased with it. So I've not used the 4A yet, but if it's only marginally worse than this variant then it's a good phone for the price. I'm fairly regularly getting Android security updates, the pone is fast, and TalkBack has improved significantly since my last phone. I tried going super budget and bought a Blackview for $320 in 2018, but that's stuck on Android 7 with an 8 upgrade which reportedly kills batteries, so I stayed on 7. If you can jump to $350, you get a good phone with three years of upgrades from last August. I'm guessing that's at least Android 13, maybe more, and I suspect Lineage will have your back for a bit when Google ends support. And battery performance of newer Android versions is amazing. I'm getting days on partial charges of light to moderate usage. I only worry when I'm watching hours of video, at which point I fast-charge up and am good for hours more of video or days more of moderate use. I'd actually switched my non-phone use to an iPad before I got the Pixel, but now I'm back to using Android full-time, and the iPad only for app development.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ilya via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ilya via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : morse via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Minionslayer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Boo15mario via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Minionslayer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : the_ruler_of_dark_forces via Audiogames-reflector