Re: Best iOS voice recording software?

Sorry to revive this old thread, but I have more information. Not much, but some.
In my continuing quest of insanity to round up all the apps which let you record while turning off the microphone processing, I finally decided to e-mail the dev of Audio Memos about it. In post 7, I mentioned that I still get the audio filters on/off switch in audio Memos, but other people do not.

In their response, they said that the audio filters setting is only available if you have a pro+ subscription. If you bought the app before the subscription model was introduced, you still have it, but otherwise you need the subscription. So, if you're like me and don't like subscription apps but are a purist, Audio Memos is sadly not it. It's a good app though, so if you just want a nice recorder and don't like the stokc Voice Memos app, it is still one of many excellent alternatives.

Also, stereo recording will be coming in the next version of Audio Memos, according to the e-mail. However, stereo recording will only be available if the microphone processing is left on.

I also was bored and tried the IOS version of Gold Wave, since I use the Windows version on a very regular basis. It has some accessibility issues in dialogs (I haven't tried editing yet), but I am very hopeful that it will be useful to me. Unfortunately it hasn't seemed to roll out across all app stores yet; a friend of mine from South Africa doesn't yet see it in his app store.

When I tried recording, it also leaves microphone processing on, and switches the speaker to the earpiece. That switching to the earpiece thing is a real peeve of mine, because then I can't record in loud situations unless I bring headphones with me, and I rarely do that.

Anyway, I sent a message yesterday to the Gold Wave forums asking if the earpiece thing could be adjusted, and if settings could be added to expose all of the microphone settings of the device. After all, Gold Wave is well-suited to a diverse range of audio tasks, so exposing all microphone settings wouldn't really feel out of place if it's feasible to set up. As of 24 hours after I wrote that post, I haven't seen a reply yet, but I'm pretty confident that if the Gold Wave dev sees it, he'll get back to me; in the past Chris has been wonderful about getting back to me about things.

I may also e-mail him directly using the contact form, but i'm still debating on that. I'll give it a few weeks to see what happens.

I haven't tried all the apps suggested here yet either, so I'll soon be doing that. I know I said that before... or at least I think i did, but I do actually intend to do it eventually big_smile

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : MatthewSmithYT via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : smoothgunner via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Maranatà via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : MatthewSmithYT via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Maranatà via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bryant via Audiogames-reflector