Re: Best iOS voice recording software?

First I'll respond to some posts, then I'll put down a bit of my own finds.

afrim wrote:

Ferite studio or whatever it is called records in stereo and I like the quality.

When I tried that, it does a load of processing on the microphones like all other apps I've messed with which can record in stereo. It doesn't sound bad, but it doesn't sound clean either with the compression and noise reduction it puts on.

Maranatà wrote:

So, it seems to me that the new line of iphone 12 is even capable of recording 3D audio.  Is it there?  And if so, is there a recorder capable of doing this?  Thank you...

I only have the IPhone XS, so I can't test that. However, if that is indeed a new thing and if history repeats itself, I predict Apple is probably only allowing that feature in their own apps on the latest versions of IOS, and it will be a bit of time before we see third-party apps having access to it.

So, I finally found a nice app which I think I'll be coming back to for recording! Turns out I should've tried the suggested apps here a while ago; Dictaphone actually has everything I want and is pretty darn accessible too, even supporting the magic tap gesture. It can disable the audio processing, switch between mono/stereo, use a configurable recording quality, supporting some custom naming of files, do file sharing etc. It can even pick the stereo orientation when recording, though I haven't really tried this feature yet.

One thing it can't seem to do is record in stereo with the processing off; I guess IOS just can't do that sad

But yeah, I'm happy I found this app. Best part is the basic functionality is free, and from there you can either buy what you need, or if I'm not mistaken, you can buy a pro version of the app for $4.99 which will give you all the extentions. I ended up just getting the free app and buying the functionality I needed (advanced audio settings for $0.99 and file sharing for $1.99, so less than 3 bucks to get what I wanted). So I'm not complaining lol

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : MatthewSmithYT via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : smoothgunner via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Maranatà via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : MatthewSmithYT via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Maranatà via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bryant via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : john_weed via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector