Re: The Arcane Duels - Revised Playable Demo

@Aaronlp, again didn't even know there was a burn effect, perhaps a bit more info would help here, maybe a press tab to pause and check status like in breed memorial

With the bear, I tried the quest a second time using fire, and to be honest it was a wee bit frustrating, since I was never sure of the exact tactics.
I realised that if I threw spells the bear would dodge, so I was trying to wait until the bear started an attack, however then my spells seemed to literally go straight through it as it charged at me, which was rather weird.
one simple fix would be just to let the bear be vulnerable to spells during each charge, so players would need to wait to bait the bear to charge them, chuck a spell and then step aside.

One question I have concerns equipment, since at the moment, your choices are equipment pieces that give a large amount of protection against a given element, or a smaller amount of general protection. However, without knowing what elements you'll be facing or would be more vulnerable too, it seems more sensible to choose general protection, unless you had some idea in advance what elements your next opponent would be using and could prepare an equipment set to counter accordingly? Or is the idea that the more spells of a given element you have in your arsenal, the more vulnerable you are to that or another element, and so need to use equipment to sure up your weaknesses?

Again, if choosing equipment is going to be more than a matter of just grabbing the best general armour and most powerful wand you can afford, it'd be good to know.

I also have one bug to report.
In the protector minigame, the arrows don't work and I had to use a s d w, which was okay once I realised, but a miner irritation when I was learning the game for the first time.

For the wall, if the intention is a constant tone like Manamon I'd suggest something without  as many overtones, maybe a single low tone like Paladin of the skies.

Lastly, just a miner point, when you work and do a job, the text says "you spend a day", doing something or other, if you do overtime, you then get the same text saying "you spend a day", which implies literally days pass at once. It might be better saying "you spend a few hours", so that it doesn't sound as if days pass.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aaronlp via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : stewie via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aaronlp via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : azure via Audiogames-reflector