Re: sci-fi muds, wayfar1444.

@Caio, as I remember, once you have buildings built for your colony, people will come, you can even build extra civilian buildings like racetracks, cinemas and theatres to attract more people. You can I believe give them tasks like  harvesting and refining, though I never personally found out how to manage them very well and most of the work in my colony was done by me big_smile.

Looking up that assault high tech war game you mentioned, that sounds far more an essential pvp fest with no npcs and an emphasis on player combat, as well as a game very heavily reliant on ascii maps.

When I played wayfar1444, though you could attack other players if you wanted and blow their stuff up, there wasn't really any  major benefit for doing so other than if you specifically wanted the land for yourself (though there was usually more than enough land to go around), or just if you were feeling aggressive.
By the same token, you could get valuable resources for slaying npc creatures or space pirates, and there was even a couple of remort options that specifically required you to do so.

I luckily never got attacked, and never attacked anyone else, and that pretty much suited me fine.

Eventually, it might be nice to either have pvp or none pvp planets, or maybe some sort of opt in, opt out system, but as it stands the game is probably big enough for various player preferences.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : hawgpadre via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : matt1211 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Shinobi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : caio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : caio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : shane via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : caio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : hawgpadre via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : hawgpadre via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arnold18 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : matt1211 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arnold18 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : hawgpadre via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Reya via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : krishna via Audiogames-reflector