Re: Alternative to Forge for Magic: the Gathering

About good introductory decks, I normally recommend Mono Red aggressive decks, usually named "Red Deck Wins", not because they are the best (in fact, there's no such thing as the best deck of all) but because they are very straightforward, no subtle playing nuances, you drop your lands and throw as much damage as you can each turn. In the preconstructed decks that come with Forge, Lightning Aggro and Cavalcade Charge are two good examples.

Another thing that made me angry for a while and rzkline generously explained: If you accidentally hit F11, the game will go to full screen mode, and NVDA's Golden Cursor will not work. Just hit F11 again and things get back to their place.

About the card references, it depends. If I just want to read some card's details, I go to scryfall. Just typing the card's name and the word scryfall on google will return it on the first result. Scryfall is great because it presents card details as text and puts the card title and cost in a page header, very easy to navigate to. Now, if I'm researching cards, looking for something that has this effect and that cost and this rarity and that color, then I use Forge's deck editor, for it can filter cards in many, maaaany ways.

Everyone can feel free to ask me questions about how to use Forge. I surely don't know everything, and sometimes I go for one or two days without opening this forum, but I'll be glad to help as I can. Magic is a wonderful game and the more blind people learn to play, the more it gets possible to push Wizards of the Coast to make MtG Arena accessible.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zenothrax via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zenothrax via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zkline via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zkline via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zenothrax via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : vcaparica via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : vcaparica via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : caio via Audiogames-reflector