Re: a bizarre, infuriating, wtf Crazy Party experience

@3, thanks for the explanation. I talked about this on the Skype group, and they said the same thing. WE even tested it, and that is exactly how it works. If the creator leaves, the second person in line gets hosting duties, but using the parameter set up by the person who originaly created the party eg. number of turns, the game list etc.

You know, the only reason this never occurred to me was that I don't do online games at all, other than CP. Perhaps if I had, this would be a second nature idea, but this idea is a bit, well not mind-blowing, but I guess it's still a little wild to me.

I mean it makes perfect sense, but when I started with CP, the central server was not a thing yet, and when it did become a thing I didn't really understand it so I didn't use it much at first.

Same thing happened with Skype actually. Back in the good 'ol days of Skype 3.8, the host's Internet connection was responsible for holding a conference call together, at least that's what I was lead to believe. But as Skype's interface changed, I didn't use it as much. Now I'm getting back into it, and am told that the creator of the group has little bearing on the call quality or stability now. I don't really know what to believe in that case atm, Skype has always been a little convoluted in certain things to me underneath its clunky but simple interface.

So yeah, judging by how Nidza puts it, I guess I have a lot to learn when it comes to how online things traditionally work. Not surprisingly really, at least I know what's going on!