Re: [New service] Free phone system for friendship/dating

Hi guys,

I've been following this thread with interest, and would like to make a few brief comments. First, thanks a ton to those who are  trying it out! I'm really enjoying watching the database grow.

Now, regarding some of the other comments:

@Oriol: Certainly I have better things to do with my time. I have lots of projects going, but every now and then I like to try  something I've never done before and really just explore some new territory. I have always thought that these old style phone  lines seemed kind of fun and wanted to try my hands at making one. I spent about two weeks on it, so not something that took  months and months to do but afforded me an enjoyable learning experience. As I said in the original post, it was very much a pet  project that I don't intend to spend years on. Smile.

@aaron: My intention was never to try to make something groundbreaking, or something that would replace something el se in some  way. Skype is great, and I use it daily. But as was previously mentioned, you need to have found someone already if you're going  to Skype with them. Whether someone chooses to do that through a forum, a dating service, or in a bar is up to them. If you're not  interested in the system or feel that it is not useful, meaningful etc, that's obviously your call. I am under no delusion that the system will become huge,  or that it will be particularly popular. I made it, it's here, and those who like it can use it. Those who are not interested are  of course free to use something else. How you get Apple and the NFB into this is beyond me and I won't go there.

Now on a more positive note, as I said I am really glad that so many people have already spent the time checking out the system.  If you tried it but didn't understand something, didn't like a particular feature or want some additions/changes, by all means do  let me know! I'm always happy to consider requests for new functionality etc, and of course if you find any bugs let me know as  well. I'm going to improve the layout of the website over the next few days, too. Currently it looks terrible and it's  embarrassing. Laughs.

Hope to see some more of you on the line!

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheOnlyPKMNmaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector