Re: Lets talk about cooking.

No one is going to pack your stuff and put you on the porch and leave finding everything else up to you.  Moving out usually takes a couple months and you stay where you are until it's done.  I don't know what country you're in, but apartments usually come with a stove at least, usually also an oven.  Induction cooktops are nice but you'll probably have something else already.

Handling boiling over is pretty easy.  Things don't boil over unless you overfill the pot.  You just get a bigger pot than you'd otherwise need and don't worry about it.  In practice, though, most recipes don't call for boiling like that.  In general boiling over means that the food was ruined anyway, so if things have gone as wrong as that you had an issue a long time before then.

You really have to go out of your way to make something boil over.  Fill the pot over 3/4th of the way up then set the stove to high then entirely don't pay attention once it reaches a rolling boil and you can manage it.  But in general pots aren't just sitting there going "muhahaha time to boil over" on you.

Seeing AI's barcode scanner can give you directions sometimes.  Instacart will have directions in it sometimes.  When the box says "add this much water, cook at that temperature for this long" then yes, that's the best way.

Most people who talk about cooking don't mean box from the store, add milk.  That's probably where everyone starts these days, but when I cook (as opposed to just eating whatever) it's usually entirely fresh ingredients.  There is very little you can do differently when it's the sort of stuff with directions on the box, and to be honest the sort of stuff with directions on the box isn't usually that great anyway.  It saves  a lot of time, and I will confess that my freezer gets lots of premade dinners these days.  But fresh is always way better.

Yes, you go on the internet for recipes.  You should be learning some basic skills like measuring, stirring, chopping, and cleanup.  Combining those in various ways is how you get most basic to intermediate recipes.  A fully home-made cake without using a cake mix is measuring something like 10 to 15 ingredients into a couple bowls, then mixing them together as described in the recipe to the consistency the recipe describes.  A potato salad is boiling some potatoes, cutting them into pieces, and adding a bunch of mayonnaise and some other stuff.  You can do an entire Christmas dinner with just the skills I've mentioned, some directions from the internet, an oven, and a bit of practice.

If you want some easy recipes, anything pasta is usually really simple.  You want a pot with a colander insert.  It looks like a big tall pot with a strainer inside.  You boil the water, add noodles, wait for time on the box, lift the insert out, add sauce.  Making various pasta sauces is trivially easy but involves a lot of hot liquids, so until you're ready for that you can just buy it in jars.  Here's a simple Alfredo to give you some idea what's involved there.

Something super easy yet impressive is doing a roast.  I like to brine mine, though I don't have a recipe for that handy because I do it by taste.  But making a marinade or brine is super super easy and 100% safe, then you just pop it in the oven for a while depending how big it is.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : titan_of_war via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : titan_of_war via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : titan_of_war via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : titan_of_war via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hurstseth405 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ghost via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hurstseth405 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : titan_of_war via Audiogames-reflector