Re: Console Titles Other Than Fighting?

Check out my thread too, I don't just cover fighting games. Assault is laying it down rightly, though I feel like modern fighters and beat em ups are managing to tell deeper stories that take dozens of hours to complete, with plenty of lore and banter between bouts so you can get to know the world and characters better. But for non fighters that are playable, most of the ones I know of are for retro consoles, like the last two entries in the thread in my sig. No one has even mentioned the rhythm heaven or few mario party games that are playable yet. The playable non fighters are out there, you just have to be willing to either experiment with games or talk to people that do. I've bought quite a few non fighters myself based on the experiences of other blind gamers. Some genres are more manageable than others for sure, and thats true even if you exclude fighters. It helps to be familiar with different gameplay types so you can orient yourself to a games setting and layout. Microsoft has a good record when it comes to backwards compatibility. Perhaps there are playable non fighters for Xbox one, x360 or the original Xbox you may find to your liking. Dont know much about their exclusives though. I have been drawn to sony's and Nintendo home and portable consoles for a long time..