Re: I am affronted by the presence of god

I've come to the ultimate conclusion that it's a bunch of shit primarily designed to comfort people into believing there's something after death. Magic isn't real, and it won't be no matter how hard I wish it was to make this boring world much less so. As for God being the ultimate benevolent being? No way! A truly benevolent God wouldn't allow evil people to get away with stealing presidential elections in the greatest country on the planet, allow babies to die due to birth defects or other issues, stand by while the Jews were massacred, etc.

Religion brainwashes people, and while it's not as harmful as other forms of brainwashing, it's still a form of brainwashing in my view. Accept God or you will burn in the lake of fire for all time! Yeah, that's a really compelling reason to worship God. Not! Oh, what's up with all this lord and servant bullshit? I'm not a servant to anyone and would rather die before I become one. If God is truly benevolent, he/she/it will accept anyone regardless of whether they believe or not. Until you can prove to me that magic exists, I'm not taking this stuff seriously.

As for dying, we'll see what happens. The more I think about it, the more I think there's nothing. There was obviously a time before when I didn't exist, and I have no memory of that, so presumably there will come a time when I cease to exist as well and I won't know or care. Perhaps we're all doomed to wander the Earth as ghosts, or maybe this crap is real (highly unlikely). If it is, I've got a lot of questions for the almighty bastard.