Re: I am affronted by the presence of god

If I understand things correctly, suffering and all that exists today because we turned away from God. This could have been a perfect world. It all started when Adam and Eve ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. I suppose those angels who turned away from God and joined the devil coming down and mating with mortals didn't help either. Supposedly Christ is supposed to come back and fix everything, but no one knows when that'll be. So when we say that God can't or won't fix everything, that's not entirely correct, according to the narrative. It's apparently not the right time to do it. That is if all that is true anyway. Why it needs to take 2000+ years, I have no idea.

Also, anyone who doesn't accept Christ's sacrifice goes to hell along with the devil and his angels. It doesn't matter how much good someone does. If they don't follow Christ, they're screwed on Judgment Day. Apparently God doesn't want anyone to go to hell, but if people choose to turn away from him he has no choice but to send them there, because free will and all that. That's partly why I think Christianity is mostly a way to control people. I say mostly, because some good things have been done in the name of Christianity as well.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mastodont via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : targor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mads via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ManiaCs via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mads via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mastodont via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GauravSharma via Audiogames-reflector