Re: Pfizer or Oxford?

@nuno
People don't die from Pfizer.  Please provide a reputable source.  The only thing I can find is this which is saying that it's being reported by a small news outlet that's probably either fake or blowing it out of proportion (there's a whole contingent of Christians who think that the J&J shot is immoral because J&J also does something unrelated with abortions, for example).  There's no way 30 countries could keep this secret.  China is one of the very few who could pull off a "there are deaths and none of our citizens know" campaign.  Whatever you're hearing--assuming there's more than that one article--is almost certainly propaganda of some sort.  At this point there are hundreds of thousands of people involved in administering those vaccines.  Humanity keeping secrets 101 is that hundreds of thousands of people aren't going to keep their mouths shut if people are dropping dead from it.  We'd have way more than 1 source for 1 nursing home.

Don't scare people unnecessarily, and please work on your critical thinking skills.  If you want to wait on the Chinese vaccine that's your life choice, but there's no reason to not trust the others.

In any case the actual answer to this question is you take whatever vaccine you can get.  There aren't enough on the market yet for you to really have much choice--whatever is at your door is what you've got.  They're all about equally effective at preventing death.  As far as I know whether or not Pfizer is better at the new strains is somewhat of an open question because their trials mostly happened before the new strains were a thing.  Covid is so basic from a vaccine perspective that even the Russian and Chinese vaccines that got rushed out the door probably work fine.  We could have had vaccines going in 3 months if it weren't for bureaucracy and medical ethics people getting in the way.

MRNA vaccines are new but as far as I know there's no reason whatsoever the believe they're dangerous or have long-term negative effects.  The chances that we've somehow invented a one-time shot that you take and then 10 years later you drop dead or something are minuscule.  If it was a medication you kept taking, fine.  But since it's not, it leaves your system and then it's gone.  Any weirdness would show up on the labwork and all the other things they check after that point.  One of the biggest problems with medicine is that if you tell the public something is new, the "o my god it might kill me" crowd starts up.  The reason we didn't have covid vaccines on an actually reasonable timeline is because this mindset has put us in the position of not being able to get relatively simple medical treatments out the door quickly even in an emergency.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : abdulla-dubais via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ghost via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Nuno via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : soren via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : abdulla-dubais via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Nuno via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : abdulla-dubais via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : sightlessHorseman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ghost via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ghost via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Fubsepude via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector