Re: I am affronted by the presence of god

The only reason I haven't replied is just because I see no point trying to debate this with Thunderfist799. Until they can indubitably prove their claims, arguing with them is a pointless endeavor. I suppose, in one way, its why religions like Christianity have gained such prominence: no one actually wants to argue it with them because there's just no point. All you'll get back is religious fanaticism and scorn (if not worse), as though doubting what the holy and perfect "religious text" were some kind of capital crime or something. When anyone asks a question that's hard or impossible to answer, they get vague answers that aren't actual answers but just deflections of the question. Of course, there are those who are willing to do it, but I don't think its a majority by any means. And, of course, that kind of conflict is probably never going to go away.