Re: S.E.A., watercraft simulator

@Fubsepude:

Great question. I love itch and will continue to support it for all my games. I plan to use Steam as another distribution method. For the festival I hope to collect feedback so I can prioritize things in the roadmap and understand where to go with pricing.

@Dark:

Thanks for the feedback about the caves. I'm sorry that you felt boxed in and I understand why. I can tell you more about how the world is generated. There's an ocean floor with various features like hills and trenches carved into it. Anything below it can be carved out by different sorts of structures that form a sort of swiss cheese of pockets and elongated tubes. They don't have reason or always connect. Sometimes you do need to back out and find a new cave.

When I originally built this it was purely theoretical and I had to trust my intuition of the math. Now that I have better tools to visualize the structures they form, there could be some opportunities for adjustments. Should I make any changes to terrain in this way, then I will need to implement it in a way that doesn't break saves.

One thing I could add without breaking saves is tunnel generation. Occasionally the terrain generator might spawn a worm, which digs a winding path through the terrain. These tunnels would connect the floor to different holes in the swiss cheese. They'd be much easier to follow. Possibly they'd have different sounds or guaranteed treasure. I've added this to my roadmap for the next big update.