Re: sci-fi muds, wayfar1444.

To cw and anyone else considering trying the game, I've personally had no issues, neither have I seen anything from Hawkpadre or anyone else that suggests there would be issues.

Admittedly, I was offline when the hole Ishtaar shindig went down, which either makes me oblivious, or objective.

from where I stand now, Wayfar1444 is just a really good space game which is obviously someone's passion project, and that's no bad thing.

One rule I've found for online games generally, is avoid what my brother refers to as "bolitics", this being a portmanto of "politics", and "bollocks!" And for a clearer definition, *points to both giant Ishtaar mess in that other topic, and to posts in this topic which have been stirred up by self same mess.

GCW is %100 correct that all online games have politics, it is equally true that most online games will run into bolitics from time to time (I gather that Alteraeon and Cosmic rage have both had their shares), but only in a very few cases has said bolitics made a game literally unplayable.

this is indeed why I myself stopped posting in said other thread.

So my personal advice would be to just ignore the sound and fury, do your thing, and enjoy games, and there's a lot in Wayfar1444 to enjoy.

Indeed, the only part of the recent negative spin this topic has taken that does concern me is the idea of Wayfar1444 going down again with no other admins or recourse to keep it running, but we'll just have to see on that one, since for the time being the game is being actively maintained and developed, and here's hoping it stays that way.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : camlorn via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Exodus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : darren via Audiogames-reflector