An NVDA Question

Hello everyone.
So I have been using NVDA for quite a while now, but there is one thing that I have always wondered about, and that is: is it posible to use a mouse or trackpad successfully with NVDA? I know there are options for it in the NVDA settings, and I have tried to take some time to explore them, but I have never been able to decide whether or not it is really usable. So what have y'all determined when it comes to this topic? And if you have any suggestions to make it usable, I would love to hear them. Thanks guys.