beat star isn't downloading

hi I downloaded beat star but I've no idea how to fix this rather frustrating downloading time. for I get downloading all packs please wait, but it does absolutely nothing. and whenever I come back from doing something it's still at the same place and it just doesn't do anything. it says it's downloading but it isn't. for if it was downloading or has downloaded sound packs I'd of had the default sound pack playing to show that everything was downloaded and ready for me to have fun with. rhythm rage is cool for I no that things can be unlocked easily but so far I have to of download older versions of beat star for even though you can only get limited sound packs, at least i can have that little bit of fun. but I want the new beat star to be working so that I can go wild like I can on all other beat star games. anything I can do to get it working? hope anyone can help for I'm lost and have no idea on what to do