What's the best platform for developing dynamic interactive fiction?

Hi all,
So, I've been fittling with various IF platforms as of late, trying to see which would be the best for either creating a gamebook with variables for various stats and attributes, and changing thm if the user A. Has an item and uses it. B. They hit a certain page and one changes accordingly, etc.
Quest seems like it would be feezable to do this, as I also like the ideas of both embedding music into my pages and changing stuff randomly. While I don't mind learning QuestScript, since Quest allows the user to not code certain elements I'd like to code as least as possible.
Quest also has the advantage that if I publish my game, I could also publish it to the web and optionally make it available as an app for mobile devices.
I've also thought about Adrift, a system where you think about the design of the game and how the Adrift tools such as events, characters, etc form to create a game.
Has anyone thought about this? The Darkgrew cr eater I don't think is very sefisticated, E.G. no randomizing, no items, etc.