Re: any recommendations for website hosting that isn't paid?

@Ghorthalon
I'm not saying whether I accept the offer or not, at least not at this fairly early stage in the process.  I'm just trying to understand how getting the site up and running would work, partly because I want the satisfaction of being able to say I got the site up and running myself.

I have been looking at /nikola, curtacy of camlorne and it looks like an interesting direction, although I don't really know how to get it working at present.

If camlorne has any advice on this matter it would be much appreciated.

I understand that you need 2 things:

  • A server: a place to store your files for your site.

  • A  domain: an address to redirect people to that server.

I believe, curtacy of an earlier post on this topic, that I've found my server - freehostingnoadds, but I'm just having trouble finding a domain that doesn't look even slightly dodgy.

I actually wanted, as I stated earlier, to set up my own site and everything on my own as even though it would be a learning curve, I would, at least in theory, know how to do it in the future if I needed it and have the satisfaction of knowing my way round the various administrative pannels etc.

What I'm essentially asking is, how exactly would I modify my existing content if I went with your offer, for example, without going through you?

In terms of the amount of space I need it most likely won't be much.

Thanks again for the offer, it's very generous of you.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : the doctor via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GhorthalonTheDragon via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : roro via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : the doctor via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : roro via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : roro via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GhorthalonTheDragon via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : roro via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector